No products in the cart.
Here are 10 Quick Motivation Tips:
- Workout Early – avoid procrastinating and you’ll start your day with an energy boost from those great endorphins.
- Register for A Spring Cycling Event – Put a ride on your March or April calendar and think about how much better you will feel and do if you start training now.
- Find A Friend To Also Register For The Same Event – a great way to keep each other motivated.
- Start With Just 20 Minutes – change your speed every 2 minutes and use a timer – that’s only 10 intervals and varying your speed will make the time go by faster. Add more time as you get stronger.
- Create A Positive Training Environment – places like a garage or basement that is cold or dark can sap every ounce of motivation. Make your space attractive and think of indoor training as instant stress relief.
- Add Your Favorite Distractions – workout when there is a program you actually want to see on TV or catch up on the news. Watch a video or make a playlist of your most energetic and favorite tunes. We even have a list of 7 films that are great to watch while training.
- Set A Realistic Goal And Record Your Workouts – even a simple notation on your calendar can make you feel you are accomplishing your training objectives and keep you going.
- Think Of All The Calories You’re Burning – according to a Harvard study, a 125-pound person can burn an average of 210 calories in 30 minutes of stationary cycling, while a 155-pound person can burn 260 calories and a 185-pound person can burn 311 calories.
- Reward Yourself – come up with something fun as a reward for achieving your goals which can be as simple as indoor training once or twice a week. We know you’d like those new bike shoes, go for it!
- Use Great Equipment – think long-term value and buy a low maintenance, easy to use, quiet and effective indoor trainer or exercise bike – as one Cascade customer wrote:
“I’m a little bit of a cheapskate so it wasn’t easy for me to “pull the trigger” on my Cascade trainer. So far, though, I’m really glad that I did. This thing just reeks quality. It is super-quiet and the ride feel is remarkably like being on the road. I haven’t had it long enough to evaluate durability but by the build quality and the lifetime warranty (to the original purchaser) I’m pretty confident that it will last and last. I’m really happy that I decided to spend the extra $$ for a quality trainer. Sometimes, you get what you pay for.”